WHO I AM
Paola Barbetti Böhm tourist guide in Florence
I am Paola, a wife and mother of four children. I’ve named the last child Michelangelo (after you-know-who…I couldn’t resist). I’m a life-long resident of Florence, an expert in world history and Italian and European art history and have been a licensed guide since 2010.
Three good reasons for not visiting Florence without me:
- It is easier: you can pull your nose out of Google Maps or Lonely Planet and devote your full attention to the beautiful things you’ve come to Florence to see.
- It is smarter: think of 2,000 years of extraordinary events, unique works of art, famous people, and brilliant ideas... And i have it all in my head for you!
- It is more practical: see the two points immediately above. Are you on holiday or not?!
Three very noticeable flaws that I possess:
- I am fastidious and choose with obsessive care what to tell my clients. When in doubt, I prefer to remain silent.
- I am shamelessly in love with Florence, the city of my birth - and when you are in love...
- I cannot work for free. Unfortunately, guides also have to pay the bills...and I cannot thank my ancestors enough for this.
Three of my better qualities:
- I am curious - and curiosity is contagious…even my most reluctant clients eventually become infected with my curiosity and passion.
- I am grateful – I regard the attention and interest my clients give to me during a visit as a precious gift.
- I am patient - a rare virtue in Florentines, so take advantage of it!
Three plus three plus three, “la prova del nove”…the Italian litmus test… it always works!!